Wednesday 3 November 2010

Earthquake in Kraljevo

http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Hronika/215100/Novi-zemljotres-jacine-28-stepeni-u-Kraljevu-proglaseno-vanredno-stanje

Last night a shocking thing happened. There was an strong earthquake that shook the whole Serbia. This earthquake happened at 01:58 after midnight, The earthquake was so strong that it was felt almost every city in Serbia.

The epicenter was 10 kilometers north of Kraljevo. The Serbian seismological institute measured that the magnitude of the earthquake was 5.3 at a relatively shallow depth of 10 km. In this tragic earthquake 2 lost t lives. Many of the buildings are damaged, so at the moment there is no electricity and they don't have much water.

From the firth earthquake until now there were 20 small quakes which were not so strong as the first one. The last one occurred around 09:00 in the morning. Kraljevo is  under the state of emergency, because people are afraid that maybe there will be more aftershocks.


I think this is very scary for Serbia because you don't know when  another one can happen. I hope this is the last quake that Serbia will ever have.

I woke up at 2 in the morning, my whole room was shacking. I thought  it was a dream, so I continued to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your article. I knew about it. All my dogs were barking, but I didn't wake up. My mom heard it and went to see what was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article was descriptive and quite well written. It seems that you either know a ot about earthquakes or you learned some new vocab, like epicenter and seismological. Very good article.

    ReplyDelete